1. This document sets out the MASK OUR HEROES policy, in its plans to use donated money to purchase and donate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) directly to frontline, key and essential workers, currently battling the Covid-19 crisis and supporting the public. The raised funds will be used to buy PPE equipment from established medical supply groups, validated and confirmed by National State Governments. It is our process hospitals and key stakeholders to tell us directly what they need, adding them to our order list, and then preparing these as part of our order when all the money is raised. These items will then be manufactured, delivered to the UK via the best freight strategy of speed against price, and then distributed directly providing an effective end-to-end
approach to tackling the PPE supply challenge.
2. We will be providing the necessary PPE equipment to protect all our workers. These will include packs and singular items of long sleeved disposable fluid repellent gowns, FFP3 respirators, eye protection and gloves. Gloves and aprons are subject to single use as per the Standard Infection Control Precautions (SICPs) and to be disposed of after each patient or daily use depending on the contact.
3. All the PPE equipment we have sourced is CE certified and EN registered, making the products fully compliant and authorised to be used in UK Hospitals and in the European Union (EU). Products
a. N95/ FFP3 masks are the most filtering mask of the FFPs. With a minimum filtration percentage of 99% and maximum 2% leakage to the inside, they protect against very fine particles such as asbestos.
b. Long Sleeve Disposable Fluid repellent gowns.
c. Eye Protection – we will provide Protective Face Shields/Visors that provide vision capability with full face particulate protection.
d. Gloves – all our gloves provided will be disposable Nitrile gloves designed for hospital use.
e. From time to time products that fronline, key workers or public health and well being require that the Trustees sign off.
4. We are not political, and our intention is only to charitably donate PPE supplies to healthcare settings that need them, and assist in any other way once we complete our primary objective of ensuring hospitals have the PPE equipment that they need. 5. We are not
placing any judgement on the NHS, the UK Government, or any member of contributing to the global effort in fighting this Covid-19 Pandemic, and are only trying to help in supporting the stakeholders with the PPE supplies that they need
5. We are not providing any commissions, inducements, kick-backs, or other financial or commercial incentives as part of our mission to provide PPE supplies to front-line medical staff at the NHS, where all stakeholders including our counterparts in the supplier destinations are working voluntarily and using their own time. The only cash transfer will be for the payment of the supplies from the suppliers through an online transfer of ALL donated monies (excluding any standard UK banking transfer charges) to the suppliers for the successful ordering and delivery of the items as per our mission and mandate.
6. We have not received any official endorsement, support, cash incentive, promotion, or financial support from the UK Government, where our coordination with UK Government Healthcare team has been completely in a voluntary capacity, where all information has been shared in goodwill without any commercial or otherwise incentive or expectation, and has been completely aligned in completing the MASK OUR HEROES mandate successfully and on time.
7. Our orders will be following conventional procurement processes, where there is a 7-day lead time on all orders from the time of order, where 50% payment is expected on ordering, and the remaining 50% is required prior to delivery to the UK. In normal market conditions, a Letter of Credit or escrow account would be sufficient, however given the unprecedented demand for PPE equipment globally, manufacturers have imposed strict 50% down-payment conditions to differentiate between genuine and bogus buyers, where orders are being received in the millions, putting great pressure on manufacturing capacity.
Additional Funding requirements
8. If by the time we finish our fundraise and the PPE volumes are surplus to requirements, and therefore the demand for us to supply this PPE has abated, then we will first focus on supporting the following frontline staff requirements:
a. Bereavement and financial support to the families of staff who have died serving Covid-19 patients b. Financial support for mental health and counseling for frontline medical staff post-Covid-19 from the traumas that they have faced during the Covid-19 crisis 13. The additional funding requirements will only be executed once the required PPE has been supplied to the healthcare institutions in need, which will be communicated to the MASKS OUR HEROES team through the fund raising page and our social media accounts that are being spread through the NHS community - our goal being to get as much detailed requests as possible, which we can then supply.